*i-THOP (integrated Thin film High density Organic Package).
i-THOP is a registered trademark of SHINKO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.
Due to increasing demands of chiplets, and logic and HBM (High Bandwidth Memory) interface on semiconductor package designs such as advanced CPU and GPU, integrating interposers have become mainstream on 2.5D structures.
SHINKO has developed ultra-high-density organic substrate, “i-THOP®”, that has the equivalent function as that of 2.5D package.
- High density interconnection that includes integration an orgnic interposer on a build-up substrate
- Ultra fine line and space (L/S) possible by applying thin film technology to the interposer
- Technology supports chiplets and HBM connection for system integration
- Thin film forming on coreless substrate
- Thin organic interposer and build-up substrae are pre-assembled for "Chip-last" assembly
- Combination of known-good orgnic interposer and known-good build-up substrate
- Electrical performance benefit with organic material and non-TSV structure
Target Areas & Status
2.3D Organic Substrate for an Alternative Package Solution of 2.5D Si Interposers
Technical Document (Download)
Click on download the PDF file and view details.