We have defined our responsibilities toward the global environment in an Environmental Policy, so that we can contribute to a healthy environment and rich society that will be handed down to future generations.
Based on the philosophy of the Shinko Way, we contribute to the protection and improvement of the global environment by pursuing harmony between the global environment and corporate activities, through manufacturing.
- Accept that environmental challenges are fundamental to business continuity, and reduce our environmental impact.
- Seek to reduce risk to human health and the environment.
- Make every effort to perform our social responsibility by observing environmental regulations and standards in Japan and abroad.
- Strive for continuous improvement of our environmental management system in order to enhance environmental performance.
- Encourage our employees to contribute to global environmental conservation by tackling climate change, preserving biodiversity and using resources effectively.
We set environmental objectives to achieve this environmental policy, and this policy and the objectives are reviewed at least once a year.
President and Representative Director
SHINKO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.
We have established the Environmental Action Program with concrete activity goals in order to implement our Environmental Policy.
We promote environmental activities to achieve our goals to fulfill corporate social responsibility while engaging harmony between the global environment and corporate activities.
The Environmental Action Program (Stage 8) sets out environmental goals for FY2016 to FY2018. During the period covered by Stage 8, we were forced to change the targets for reducing waste due to an increase in waste caused by changes the processes and chemicals used. Nevertheless, all goals were achieved for the Environmental Action Program.
The Environmental Action Program (Stage 8) sets out environmental goals for FY2019 to FY2020. Through our activities to reduce environmental impact thus far, we have carried out initiatives that contribute to achieving the SDGs with the aim of creating a sustainable society. In addition, to engage in activities with an even greater focus on the SDGs, we have established contributing to the achievement of the SDGs as the objective of our Environmental Action Program (Stage 9).
Matters subject to goals management under the Environmental Action Program define the scope of Environmental Management System (EMS) initiatives.